This is an ongoing glossary of terms used within astara Connect.
A tracker is a device that is connected to a vehicle (or moving object) that will be sending at least the following information:
astara Connect allows you to specify within the tracker the type of vehicle that it is connected to:
It is a group of trackers set up to gather them with a particular objective. For example, you can group trackers based on their use or how you want to split them.
A trip is a set of tracker telemetric points with a start and an end. The start and end endpoints are computed automatically by our system in real time.
We save a trip when one of the following series of events takes place:
- Two consecutive points of the same tracker have a time difference of more than 5 minutes.
- Two consecutive points of the same tracker have a time difference of more than 90 seconds and a distance difference of less than 50 meters.
- There is a trip in progress, and there have not been any new points in the last 10 minutes.
The system computes trips as they happen and gives you access to the real-time trip that the tracker is creating (see API section for more details).
astara Connect provides the following information for the trips:
- Current trip for a given tracker.
- All trips for a given tracker.
- List of dates when a tracker has a trip.
- Number of trips by vehicle type, make, or model (you can filter them by a range of dates).
- Average, max, and min km of trips by vehicle type, make, or model (you can filter them by a range of dates and for a given group -previously known as organization).
- List of trips per vehicle for a given group (previously known as an organization).
- Total km by vehicle type and make (you can filter them by a range of dates and for a given group).
A latitude, a longitude, and a timestamp for a given tracker.
The telemetrics endpoint is a set of endpoints allowing you to get insights about the trackers you have registered.
The astara's Connect API works in real-time, so all these endpoints provide the latest information available as soon as it happens.
Time-dependent variables that are not the positioning. Consumption, odometer lectures, fuel, altitude, trackers' heading, etc.
A company is an entity that holds everything that you possess related to the same payment method. It contains all the elements you have access to and all actions you will be capable of performing depending on the plan the company is linked with. In short, it is a group of trackers and their extras under the same financial umbrella.
💡 A tracker cannot belong to more than one company.
You can create as many groups as you want based on the plan which your company is enrolled.
A POI (or point of interest) could be any of the following GeoJSON objects:
Updated 14 days ago